Did you know that sitting at a desk all day can have a detrimental effect on your health? In fact, sitting for prolonged periods of time decreases circulation and poor ergonomics attributes to back and neck pain. (stat about lower back and neck pain). On any given week, 1 in 8 workers will lose 5 hours of productivity due to a pain condition.
To counter the negative effects that poor ergonomics can have on your posture and health, Manhattan Total Health offers a wide variety of corporate wellness programs to help you promote wellness while at work. They include:
On-site Massage Days– Bring wellness to work with onsite chair massages! (Employee Appreciation, Wellness day, Stress Down day). We take all the logistics and heavy-lifting hands by providing the staff, massage chairs, sanitizing materials and marketing materials so there is no need to organize anything on your end besides the date and time. Depending on the size of your company, we can come in for a period of two to five hours to provide the onsite massages.
Health Fairs– we participate in company health fairs throughout the city to educate and inform employees about the benefits of physical medicine and rehabilitation care. No matter what kind of pain your employees are experiencing, we are here to help. Perhaps your employees have neck and shoulder tension from sitting hunched over at the desk all day, are affected by old sports injuries that didn’t rehab correctly the first time and are now acting up, or are suffering from conditions like osteoarthritis, carpal tunnel and sciatica. Whatever the case, we have the solution and team to improve your function and get you feeling your best.
Reasons to partake in a corporate wellness program
- Happy and healthy employees are more productive
- There is no cost to you – to qualify, we verify your insurance to ensure it is one that we accept. From there, we provide the massage therapists, massage chairs, marketing materials and a representative to speak and inform your employees about the services that we offer and answer any questions they may have
- It will help your employees relax and recharge – perfect for when it is crunch time, nearing quarter end, or that quickly upcoming huge deadline
- Americans are becoming more health-conscious, yet due to long work hours, stress and busy schedules, it is becoming increasingly hard for them to take the time to focus on their overall wellness. Provide them with that opportunity at the workplace.
- Everyone enjoys massages – when they’re at the workplace, they’re that much better!