Dr. Mackenzie Hubert, D.C.
Diplomat ABPMR, C.Ac.
Please list your licenses/degrees:
- Bachelor of Arts in fine art from Rutgers University, 2009
- Doctorate of Chiropractic, 2015
Where did you receive your schooling?
- Life University 2011-2012
- New York Chiropractic College 2013-2015
How long was your schooling? What years did you attend? About 4.5 years due to transferring and hiatus in between, when I became certified in teaching Zumba!
How long have you been practicing? Prior to MTH, I practiced for a year at a busy Central Park West office.
What tasks/treatments does your medical description include?
- Getting a pertinent health history, performing a focused exam to identify the cause of a patient’s complaint. This involves assessing spine and/or joint range of motion neurological testing, and musculoskeletal tests. The most important thing I do is palpation (a hands-on exam), where I feel the spine and surrounding muscles to check for imbalances, restrictions of motion and misalignment. If needed, I take X-rays to check for structural sources of symptoms
- After gathering all of this information, I explain to my patient what is going on with them, as well as how I treat it. Traditional chiropractic care is termed an “adjustment,” and so I adjust my patient’s spines and extremities to normalize their joint motion and improve muscular balance. I also perform myofascial (muscle) release to assist the alignment. Through more advanced training, I am certified in Webster technique, a method used for pregnant women to improve their comfort during the pregnancy as well as to ensure pelvic alignment for more ease during labor. My specialties also include pediatric care, cranial work and nutritional counseling
Are you a member of any Associations or Organizations? If so, which ones?
- International Chiropractic Pediatric Association (ICPA4kids.org)
- League of Chiropractic Women
- Please list any medical awards or accolades that you’ve been given
- Distinguished Accomplishment in the Diagnostic Courses – NYCC 2014
- Diagnostic Imaging Award
- Phi Chi Omega Honors Society
What is something that you want your patients to know about your method of caring for them? I aim to be completely holistic in my approach. I don’t just look to adjust what hurts, I address why it’s happening and often adjust lifestyles, ergonomics and nutritional habits.
I have been at Manhattan Total Health… Since September, 2016.
In my free time, I like to… Play the ukulele and sing health-related music I write, practice yoga, run to music, and dance.
When I’m not at MTH, you can find me… In Riverside Park or in Easton, PA where my cats and animal chiropractor-boyfriend live!
I love what I do because… I truly get to help people live better, healthier lives. I also love teaching, so I love educating people about their spines, something most of us don’t think about much!
If I could give one piece of advice, it would be… Treat yourself like a flower. With sufficient water, sunshine, nutrients and love, you’re bound to bloom 🙂