Dr. Urania Ng, M.D.
MD and Certified Acupuncturist (C. Ac.)
Please list your licenses/degrees: MD and Certified Acupuncturist (C. Ac.).
Where did you receive your schooling?
- Johns Hopkins University for undergraduate degree in Molecular and Cellular Biology
- Robert Wood Johnson Medical School in New Jersey for medical degree (graduated in 2010)
- Residency training at JFK Johnson Rehabilitation Institute in New Jersey (graduated in 2014)
- Acupuncture training as a medical student at the China Beijing International Acupuncture Training Center in 2007
- Medical acupuncture training and certification through SUNY Downstate Medical Center in 2014
How long was your schooling?
- 4 years undergraduate
- 4 years medical school
- 4 years residency
What years did you attend?
- College 2001-2005
- medical school 2006-2010
- internship 2010-2011
- residency 2011-2014
How long have you been practicing? Since 2014.
What tasks/treatments does your medical description include? Diagnose the cause of patients’ complaints using their medical history and physical exam along with prescribing imaging studies; prescribing physical therapy and encouraging a multidisciplinary approach to help patients achieve relief.
Are you a member of any Associations or Organizations? If so, which ones? Diplomat of the American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (ABPMR).
Please list any medical awards or accolades that you’ve been given: Hippocrates Scholar in medical school.
What is something that you want your patients to know about your method of caring for them? I believe patients that actively participate in their care are the ones that achieve long-lasting wellness. That is why patient education is so important and I strive to help patients understand how they got to where they are today so they know what to do to get to a better and more active tomorrow.
I have been at Manhattan Total Health since…. October, 2015.
In my free time, I like to… read, knit and crochet, and travel.
When I’m not at MTH, you can find me… with family and friends.
I love what I do because… seeing people feel better and take charge of their wellness is very satisfying.
If I could give one piece of advice, it would be… ask questions and educate yourself about your health.